Date:      Mon, 26 Oct 1998 17:02:53 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Alex Osokin <ars@ars.ml.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2.2.7 -> 3.0 upgrading problems: CMAP

Just cvsuped new 3.0-stable sources, building world and new kernel passed
just fine.

After rebooting I got following as messages at console:

panic: pmap_zero_page: CMAP2 busy
syncing dysks...
wd0: interrupt timeout
wd0: status 58<rdy,seekdone,drq> error 1<no_dam>
wd0: wdtimeout() DMA status 4

*** repeated few times ***

wd0: last time I say: interrupt timeout. Probably portable PC.

System doesn't reboot and I have to manually press RESET key to reboot.

What does it means? Harware troubles? I'm was running 2.2.5 then 2.2.7
with the same hardware configuration without problems...

Regards,

Alex Osokin
mailto:ars@ars.ml.org