Date:      Fri, 24 Jun 2016 16:59:52 -0400
From:      Thomas Laus <lausts@acm.org>
To:        Ralf Wenk <iz-rpi03@hs-karlsruhe.de>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 'urtwn' & 'urtwnfw' Devices Unknown in r302145

Ralf Wenk [iz-rpi03@hs-karlsruhe.de] wrote:
> Thomas Laus <lausts@acm.org> wrote:
> > Ralf Wenk <iz-rpi03@hs-karlsruhe.de>
> > > [...]
> Hm,
>
> > config: Error: device "urtwn" is unknown
> > config: Error: device "urtwnfw" is unknown
>
> reminds me, that the urtwn device was moved to a new location[1] while
> I was following CURRENT. I do think that caused such error messages
> before I used the new location in my kernel configuration.
>
> [1]: 11.0-ALPHA4: sys/dev/urtwn/
>      10.3-STABLE: sys/dev/usb/wlan/

That is probably the root cause of my problem.  The 'make kernel'
script in 11.0 has not been updated for the new location of 'urtwn' and
'urtwnfw'.  Changing that is out of my area of knowledge and will
require some attention of a Developer in order for it to be committed
to the source repository.

Tom

--
Public Keys: