Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:59:22 +0100
From:      Chris Zumbrunn <chris@czv.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New FreeBSD logo and website design

On Feb 11, 2005, at 5:58 PM, Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> Nice.  It still has that devilish look to it, which might cause a
> problem politically, but at least it's clean and simple and easy to
> print.

:-)  Generally, in the discussion so far, almost everybody jumped
through the hoops to emphasize that the need for a new logo is based on
the need for a clean professional look and printability (scaling and
cost due to colors) - and not about the political correctness.

> The fine details on Beastie might be a problem at very small
> sizes.  (It has occurred to me that a logo using only part of Beastie
> might be able to get around the small-detail problem.)

I redid our beloved beastie in a simplified way that eliminates this
problem sufficiently. Take a look at the following example which is
reduced to just 28x42 pixels!  And this is on screen! - when printing,
it is possible to go even smaller with this design without any trouble.
No need to drop beastie as the freebsd logo for this reason:

http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/minibeastie.gif

Chris

chris@czv.com  +41 329 41 41 41
Chris Zumbrunn Ventures - http://www.czv.com/
Internet Application Technology - Reduced to the Maximum