Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 2010 21:35:44 +0100
From:      Mats Lindberg <mats.w.lindberg@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   diskless & dhclient

Hi all,
I've tried to get my freebsd diskless system to get hold of some of the
dhcp-options.
E.g. my dhcp-server will always be the nfs-server as well. So I was hoping
to create the /etc/fstab with the the dhcpd's ip as the nfs server.
Thus not needing to have the hard coded nfsroot:/conf/'ip-address'/etc.
Instead i'm looking for having almost all necessary files in the
nfsroot:/conf/base/etc directory.

I've tried to set ifconfig_ETHDEV="DHCP" in /etc/rc.conf and creating a
bourne shell script /etc/dhclient_enter_hooks, but as far as I can detect
the script is never run.

I guess since the kernel already got the ip-address during pxeboot it does
not care about renewing the ip-address, or??

I'm running a legacy FreeBSD 6.4.

So - not really a specific question, more like a cry for guidance - anyone?

/Mats