Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 2003 07:36:42 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Tom McLaughlin <tmclaugh@sdf.lonestar.org>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Changing Applications menu folder icons

> From: Tom McLaughlin <tmclaugh@sdf.lonestar.org>
> Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:30:08 -0500
> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
>
> Hi everyone, I just installed openoffice and I went to add a new folder
> for it to the gnome menu.  I used Nautilus and clicked Go --> Start Here
> and created a new folder under Applications where i added launchers for
> the apps.  The problem is that I selected the new folder's properties
> and gave the folder an icon but when I use the Applications menu my
> custom icon does not show up, instead the default folder icon appears.
> If I go into Start Here again, the custom icon is there.  I read help,
> looked through the FreeBSD gnome FAQ and googled but I can't seem to
> find how to change folder icons in the Applications menu.  Can somebody
> help me with this?  I'm running gnome2 2.4.1 from ports which I just
> updated two days ago.  Thanks a bunch.

I have been seeing this same behavior since I moved to Gnome2. I can
assign icons to launchers, but not to folders. I have tried to install
both icons I imported and simply selecting an icon from another app that
was already available, but I still just get the standard "folder" icon.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)