Date:      Sat, 01 Aug 1998 19:43:26 -0700
From:      Don Wilde <dwilde1@ibm.net>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Maybe it's time to use Microsoft's tactics

Jordan has already assisted in helping me (and others) add Nick Petreley
to our ranks. Although he has backslid a bit (notably in his Science
Friday TV interview), his commentary has become much more unbiased and
indeed very positive where due.

We also tried the editor of Network World, but even CD WITH book AND a
personal appearance by yours truly at his pet trade show wasn't enough
to get a mention from him. :(  I did give dozens of CD's out to real
corporate IT guys at my speech, though, so we gained ground!

Still, though, the effort is worth pursuing and does produce results.
Jordan IS there behind us in this. Make the initial comment and suggest
a review copy. If you get even a nybble, Jordan will be there.

--
  oooOOO O O O o * * *  *   *   *