Date:      Sat, 27 Dec 1997 01:03:56 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, mike@smith.net.au, bde@zeta.org.au, jb@freebsd1.cimlogic.com.au, bde@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG, grog@lemis.com, julian@whistle.com
Subject:   Re: Bruce vandalism again

> > IMO, if style(9) encourages gratuitous differences between the camps,
> > then style(9) is wrong.
>
> So you are saying that we should slavishly follow the NetBSD kernel
> style?

No.  I'm saying you should negotiate a middle ground with them.

> Just exactly who are we?  I don't see the NetBSD camp doing anything to
> help maintain similarities between their code and ours.

FreeBSD makes CSRG code have high performance on x86.  NetBSD makes
CSRG code run on many platforms.

Personally, I'd like CSRG code that had high performance AND ran
on manyy platforms (hence the need for a middle ground).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.