Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2001 16:20:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      <legg@iastate.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   tar on 4.3-RELEASE

When I use tar as a user (as opposed to root), I get complaints that I
don't have permissions to /dev/sa0/.  I find this peculiar as I don't have
a tape drive on my machine.

tar -t  (view contents of file), tar -c (create file), tar -x (extract
file; they all generate this error.

stdout.txt - 	a script of all standard input/output
		as I demonstrate this error.

As an unrelated topic, I must thank all the people who have helped me so
much with my studies of this operating system.  I only wish someday that I
can gain the level of knowledge where I can help others like me in the
future.

Timothy D Legg
legg@iastate.edu