Date:      Wed, 22 Apr 1998 19:27:55 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jay Nelson <jdn@acp.qiv.com>
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Suggestion for somebody with a 16MB testbox

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Eivind Eklund wrote:

>I just got some totally wild times for compiling a Linux kernel under
>Linux on a 16MB machine (3 hours for a plain kernel compile).  This

RedHat?

This is from an IBM 486SX/25 with 16MB ram that was dredged from the
back closet to serve as a 5 user samba print and file server:

text    data    bss     dec     hex
1044480 69632   87140   1201252 125464
3817.34s real 3195.95s user  402.75s system

For all the lack of horse power, this machine does it's job quite
well. The sales droids don't notice any degredation of service.