Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 2002 00:55:04 +0100
From:      Alex Kiesel <freebsd@document-root.de>
To:        Joseph Wright <JWRIGHT@mbakercorp.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Building mod_php4 with GD2

On Mar 02, 2002, Joseph Wright wrote:
> I have had no problems building mod_php4 wiht gd but now I have a need
> for gd2 but have not been able to get it running.  I tried changing the
> line in mod_php4/scripts/configure.php
>
> that says     echo "LIB_DEPENDS+=     gd.2:\${PORTSDIR}/graphics/gd"
>
> to say
>
> echo "LIB_DEPENDS+=     gd:\${PORTSDIR}/graphics/gd2"

Hi Joseph,

I do always change it to
echo "LIB_DEPENDS+=     gd.3:\${PORTSDIR}/graphics/gd2"

It has always worked.

> but I muust be doing something wrong because the port builds and gd2
> appears to be installed atleast under pkg_info but It does not show up
> under phpnfo();

The first part of LIB_DEPENDS corresponds to the "library information"
(name and version), the second only says which port to install if the
lib is not found. (As fas as I understand this).

Alex

--
Alex Kiesel                                     PGP Key: 0x09F4FA11

Todays excuse: PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair)