Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 09:34:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andre LeClaire <leclaire@sprintmail.com>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, imp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linksys pcmcia ethernet not working

Hi Bill & all, I am currently using this card in my Toshiba T2130CT
running 3.4-STABLE as of last week. My /etc/pccard.conf entry for it is:

card "Linksys" "Combo PCMCIA EthernetCard (EC"
	config	0x0 "ed0" 5
	insert	/sbin/ifconfig ed0 inet 192.168.0.5 netmask 0xffffff00
	insert	route add default 192.168.0.1
	insert	echo 'Linksys Combo EthernetCard (EC2T) inserted'
	remove	/sbin/ifconfig ed0 delete
	remove	route flush
	remove	echo 'Linksys Combo EthernetCard (EC2T) removed'

Note the identification string must be truncated for this to work, though
I just saw a message that this has been corrected (as of when?). Also,
this entry configures the card for my home network, which might be done
differently. My kernel config is different than yours, too:

device	ed0	at isa? disable port 0x300 net irq 5

The disable entry keeps the kernel from complaining it can't find ed0 at
boottime.

Hope this helps. If you need more info, please ask!

Andre