Date:      Thu, 07 Sep 2000 10:23:20 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        'Bill Melvin' <Bill_Melvin@esc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: NoClassDefFoundError: InvokerGen

> > /usr/local/linux-jdk1.2.2/bin/java -classpath . InvokerGen \
> >    < ../../../../src/share/javavm/include/invokers.txt > invokers.c
> >                          Exception in thread "main"
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: InvokerGen
>
> I moved my build dir up one dir (/usr/tmp -> /usr) and seem
> to be buildng ok now ...

I had the same problem, and I did more or less the same. By moving up one
directory, are /usr and /usr/tmp on the same filesystem on your machine? Is
/usr/tmp perhaps a symlink?

I'm trying to figure out what it is exactly that makes the linux-jdk choke.
That's why I ask. I am currently thinking that it has to do with either the
length of path names, or with the presence of symlinks.

> Just curious if there was ever a resoultion to this one ...

You already have it. :-)

    Kees Jan

 TV is the worst  of both  worlds.  It's not  as
 good at words  as radio is because the pictures
 are a distraction  which demand  attention, and
 it's not as good as cinema because the pictures
 are not nearly as good.
                                 Douglas Adams