Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 20:08:06 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        Brandon Stewart <rostewa2@vt.edu>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: window maker install

Hi,

> On the windowmaker port, when making install, it pops up about five
> windows which have no close buttons, and are usually black, but
> sometimes have a pattern of a messy desk. After I kill all of these
> (there is nothing I can do with them anyway), there are several
> file-selection dialog windows. When I just hit cancel on all of these,
> it stops, saying that it cannot make directories (see below).

A few people have seen this (me included) - others have not.  It's weird -
it's clearly something happening w/ the WindowMaker use of mkdirhier but I
haven't figured out WHAT is going on.  Brian Handy, the maintainer, also
doesn't know what's going on and I've had him sitting at my machine.

There are a couple of work arounds:

	- use the package
	- install on the console (NOT in X)

Brett