Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 2020 22:43:26 +0200
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   IPMI KVM mouse in absolute/tablet mode?

I'm setting up an ASRockRack X470D4U2-2T =
(https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=3DX470D4U2-2T#=
Specifications =
<https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=3DX470D4U2-2T#=
Specifications>).

It's one of the few Ryzen boards with ECC support and an IPMI KVM =
(AST2500).

Working with the web-based KVM is working well, including installing =
FreeBSD 12.1 from the disk1 image through the virtual CD drive.

However, moused seems to not understand the absolute addressing employed =
by the emulated USB mouse. The mouse pointer fails to move, and the =
dmesg output only lists the Z axis:
ugen0.6: <American Megatrends Inc. Virtual Keyboard and Mouse> at usbus0
ukbd0 on uhub2
ukbd0: <Keyboard Interface> on usbus0
kbd2 at ukbd0
ums0 on uhub2
ums0: <Mouse Interface> on usbus0
ums0: 3 buttons and [Z] coordinates ID=3D0

When I switch from "Absolute Mouse Mode" to "Relative Mouse Mode", the =
pointer moves, and the dmesg shows X, Y, and Z:
ugen0.6: <American Megatrends Inc. Virtual Keyboard and Mouse> at usbus0 =
(disconnected)
ukbd0: at uhub2, port 5, addr 5 (disconnected)
ukbd0: detached
ums0: at uhub2, port 5, addr 5 (disconnected)
ums0: detached
ugen0.6: <American Megatrends Inc. Virtual Keyboard and Mouse> at usbus0
ukbd0 on uhub2
ukbd0: <Keyboard Interface> on usbus0
kbd2 at ukbd0
ums0 on uhub2
ums0: <Mouse Interface> on usbus0
ums0: 3 buttons and [XYZ] coordinates ID=3D0

I couldn't immediately find anything about support for the =
absolute/tablet mode.

Thanks,
Stefan

--=20