Date:      Fri, 5 Mar 1999 23:50:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Pat Lynch <lynch@rush.net>
To:        "John S. Dyson" <dyson@iquest.net>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, chris@netmonger.net, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Guess we've lost the server market too...?

at this point, I want to step in and mention a phenomenon that seems to be
happening everywhere. It happened to me, and its happening to alot of
people I know.

X installs linux, X likes linux, Y says "Try FreeBSD", Y happens to be
somewhat of a "guru" in FreeBSD, X respects Y, X listens, X tries FreeBSD,
X *loves* FreeBSD, X starts to get clued and starts spreading the word.

I think its this type of "Grassroots" marketing that works very well for
us.

-Pat

Pat Lynch						lynch@rush.net
Systems Administrator					Rush Networking

"Wow, everyone looks different in Real Life (tm)"-
                                Nathan Dorfman meeting people at FUNY