Date:      Tue, 9 Mar 1999 23:33:58 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
Cc:        Brian Handy <handy@lambic.physics.montana.edu>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/10516: windowmaker can't find PropList

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Annelise Anderson wrote:

# I updated the ports tree, fixed the fetch -A problem, got the
# distfile, pkg_delete'd the old one, installed the new one,
# and tried to recompile windowmaker (also updated as of today)--
# same problem.
#
# It seems to me that there is no difference in the files or
# where they are located (I've got copies of proplist.h in
# extra places, also).  ldconfig -elf -r shows libPropList
# libraries installed.
#
# So, neither the package nor the port of windowmaker seems to
# work.

Bill Fenner <fenner@freebsd.org> put in a fix for this in
revision 1.46 of the Makefile.  He had to explicitly give
LIBS and CPPFLAGS to the configure script to get it to work.

This is just a wild stab, but maybe something in your env.
is overriding them?  Can you send me a log of the build output
and a copy of work/*/config.log?

cd /usr/ports/x11-wm/windowmaker
make configure > log 2>&1
tar czvf log.tgz log work/*/config.log
uuencode log.tgz log.tgz > msg

Then send me (not the list) the msg file or put it up for ftp
somewhere.

Thanks, Steve