Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 1999 01:51:19 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Roland Jesse <jesse@prinz-atm.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CGI PHP4 Port In Progress

On 13 Nov 1999, Roland Jesse wrote:

>What else, besides creating HTML pages, can PHP be used for? Just as an
>ordinary scripting language like perl and python? I doubt that...

http://www.php.net/ is going ta give you more and better answers than I
will.

PHP Version 3.0 is an HTML-embedded scripting language. Much of its syntax
is borrowed from C, Java and Perl with a couple of unique PHP-specific
features thrown in. The goal of the language is to allow web developers to
write dynamically generated pages quickly.

Thanks,
Jason