Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 1998 20:19:16 -0500
From:      "Stephen Comoletti" <stevec@delanet.com>
To:        "root" <root@jtrevick.student.simons-rock.edu>, "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@ics.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Linksys NIC, was: Re: de ethernet driver -- another puzzle

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01BE17E7.B5A31280

Which model? I have a Lynksys 10bt in a 3.0 box running fine. I had to use a
win95/98 boot disk with the lynksys setup util on it..but other than that it
runs fine. BSD recognizes it as a KTI card however. I've noticed win95 and 98
both see it as a KTI as well.

>Out of curiosity, If I have a Linksys NIC and want to do a FTP install of
>FreeBSD, how would I go about it since support isnt config'ed into the
>kernel

>>       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> Yup; but then I said as much.

>> > That's catching the wrong set.
>>
>> Yes and no.
>>
>> > Kaleb wanted the to know the drivers without cards.
>>
>> Not really. I wanted to know why the de driver wasn't recognizing my
>> NIC. According to the FAQ and the Handbook it is supposed to be the
>> driver for my card. Turns out it's not, but there ought to be a better
>> way to discover this than by sprinkling the kernel with printfs, or
>> try-each-one-until-one-succeeds, or
>> turn-everything-on-to-discover-which-it-is.
>>
>> > You're giving us the set of cards without drivers.
>> > (This is also possibly a useful set, but not what kaleb wanted.)
>>
>> Seems to me -- from the cursory look-see that I took while figuring out
>> my card -- that the PCI ethernet stuff could be unified into something
>> like a single pci (pseudo?) ethernet device. That could be fun to hack
>> on.
>>

>> --
>> Kaleb

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01BE17E7.B5A31280
	filename="Stephen C. Comoletti.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Comoletti;Stephen;C.
FN:Stephen C. Comoletti
ORG:DelaNET, Inc.
TITLE:Asst. Systems Administrator
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(302) 326-5800 / (888) DELANET
TEL;WORK;FAX:(302) 326-5802
ADR;WORK:;;262 Quigley Boulevard;New Castle;DE;19720;USA
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:262 Quigley =
Boulevard=3D0D=3D0ANew Castle, DE 19720=3D0D=3D0AUSA
URL:http://www.delanet.com/
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:stevec@delanet.com
REV:19981125T011915Z
END:VCARD