Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:12:58 +0100
From:      Abbas Karbassian <Abbas.Karbassian@cambridge.simoco.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can not boot up FreeBsd ond Abit BE6 II Motherboard

Dear All;

I am trying to install the FreeBsd 4.0 from the CD on my P.C.

My P.C has an Abit (BE6 II) motherboard with 2 IDE UDMA 33 (IDE1 and
IDE2),and
2 IDE UDMA 66 (IDE3, IDE4).

I have connected the CDROM to IDE 1 and HardDisk to which is IBM UDMA 66
to IDE3.

The hard disk is partioned to windows 98 and FreeBsd.

I managed to install the freeBsd is the second partion without any
problem.

When I reboot the P.C I will get the follwoing prompt

Dos        F1:
FreeBsd F2:

When I pressed F2, I can not boot to freeBsd and the only thing I get is
just a beep for about 2 seconds.

I was wondering if  any of you foks has a P.C with the same
configuration as mine.

If you have, have you seen this probem or not, If you have seen this
problem, could you
advise me how did you managed to over come this problem.

Could you please send your reply to address below, since I have not
subscribed to
the above newsgroup.

Abbas.Karbassian@Cambridge.simoco.com

Regards