Date:      Tue, 26 May 2009 18:17:27 +0200
From:      David Naylor <naylor.b.david@gmail.com>
To:        pav@freebsd.org
Cc:        pgollucci@p6m7g8.com, itetcu@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE (some more ports)

--nextPart1328223.bion9IoxuH

On Tuesday 26 May 2009 10:48:25 Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> David Naylor p=C3=AD=C5=A1e v =C3=BAt 26. 05. 2009 v 08:19 +0200:
> > pav: ${_MAKE_JOBS:C/-j//} won't work with DISABLE_MAKE_JOBS (or
> > MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE) since it needs to always be a positive number, second=
ly
> > it still cannot be used for conditional code (since it is defined in the
> > post section, but the whole code could always be moved to the pre
> > section).
>
> I'm hesitant to modify bsd.port.mk for benefit of just four ports.
> Also, I think having MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER set to 1 when the feature is in
> fact disable, is counter-intuitive (because -j1 is very different to no
> -j at all).

I understand, I see the light.  By the way it is two ports requiring the=20
below. =20

What about the change that exposes MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER when MAKE_JOBS_SAFE or=
=20
=46ORCE_MAKE_JOBS are defined (to avoid using ${_MAKE_JOBS:C/-j//}, not sur=
e=20
what the policy is of ports using *.mk internals).  I think that is a=20
reasonable change???=20

> So how about just having
>
> .if defined(DISABLE_MAKE_JOBS)
> MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER=3D	1
> .else
+.if !defined(MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER)
> MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER!=3D	echo `${SYSCTL} -n kern.smp.cpus`
+.endif
> .endif
>
> in ooo makefile?

This will work in OOo2*, the OOo3 will also need a check for DISABLE_MAKE_J=
OBS=20
since they rely on MKAE_JOBS_NUMBER always being set (just the way they do=
=20
things). =20

Will fix and send another patch. =20