Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:24:05 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Nate Puri <natepuri@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status of support in thinkpad T21

On Sunday,  4 March 2001 at 10:35:57 -0800, Nate Puri wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was researching this for a while yesterday.
> The freebsd mailinglists seem to be saying that
> thinkpad T21 now boots and X and sound can work.

This depends on your BIOS revision.  Check the IBM web site for the
low-down, and also make sure that the laptop you get has the latest
BIOS.

> I'd like to stick to a laptop that is well supported beefy but not
> too heavy and from a co that gives awesome service.  Is this the T21
> the one for me?

I have heard bad things about IBM service.  If that's what you want,
you're probably better off with Dell.

I've been considering getting a ThinkPad, and I've decided I'd rather
stay with Dell.  The keyboard and eraser-head pointer are two things I
don't like about the ThinkPad.

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.