Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 1996 23:53:42 +0200 (EET)
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdisp@shadows.aeon.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   priorization?

well...

i already forgot if i did post about this here or not...

so here it goes, i hope not again.

i was wondering if it'd be somewhat easy to priorize the trafic
from ethernet to ppp.

i'm about to expand my home network and i really dont want to hand all
bandwidth from ppp to ethernet usage.

so, could i like hack the kernel so that it'd let ether use only 50%
of the capacity?

ethernet interface and ppp interface can be set to different ips
even though i know it's "allowed" to use same for both. i have a 14
addresses space from my isp and am not yet using them all...

if there's no other way, i'll keep ping -f:ing the ethernet, with
some size of packets... but i really think that'd be ugly...

=)

posting this to isp list coz i would assume one of the isp's would
have already thought/used this for something...

so, if someone has, please kick me to the right direction, ok? thanx.

happy new year people. =)))

mickey
--
mika ruohotie    mika@aeon.net       net/sys admin