Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2013 17:40:38 -0500
From:      Alejandro Imass <aimass@yabarana.com>
To:        Jens Schweikhardt <schweikh@schweikhardt.net>
Cc:        questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Anyone got an EPSON Perfection V33 scanner working?

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Jens Schweikhardt
<schweikh@schweikhardt.net> wrote:
> hello, world\n
>
> so I got an EPSON Perfection V33 scanner, needless to say it works
> under Win7 with the provided SW on the CD.
>
> Needless to say, it's one of those scanners unsupported by SANE
> according to their list, http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-EPSON

On Sane Linux yes. Haven't tried on FBSD. It needs some binaries
provided with the scan and iscan plugins. I got the RPMs and alienated
to deb and it gets the Epson Perfection working on a Debian system.
Maybe you can do something with Sane on Linuxator on FBSD and the
binaries I have. I have the RPMs and I can send them to you or post
them somewhere for download.

Cheers,

--
Alejandro Imass