Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2024 17:42:22 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Philip Paeps <philip@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pkg server for current/arm64 stopped ? [main-armv7 on ampere2, elapsed so far: 651:21:56]

void <void_at_f-m.fm> wrote on
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 16:59:53 UTC :

> On Thu, Apr 18, 2024 at 08:02:30AM -0700, Mark Millard wrote:
> >void <void_at_f-m.fm> wrote on
> >Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 14:08:36 UTC :
> >
> >> Not sure where to post this..
> >>
> >> The last bulk build for arm64 appears to have happened around
> >> mid-March on ampere2. Is it broken?
> >
> >main-armv7 building is broken and the last completed build
> >was the one started on Mon, 19 Feb 2024 12:32:10 GMT. It
> >gets stuck making no progress until manually forced to stop,
> >which leads to huge elapsed times for the incomplete builds:
>
> Should I report it in bugzilla?

There are 2 separate issues:

A) Having clusteradm stop main-armv7 and allow main-arm64 to run.
   [But see later notes related to (B).]

B) The fact that it hangs up and FreeBSD may well need to be fixed.

(A) Would be appropriate for bugzilla if the person submitting could
cause assignment to clusteradm . I can not do that so I had CC'd
Philip Paeps <philip@freebsd.org> in my reply to you.

(B) Would separately be appropriate. However that does not supply a
reduced reproducer for anyone to work with. That would have to be
added later if discovered.

Someone with access to ampere2 could potentially look at the stuck
processes and add information to a bugzilla for (B) if there was
one --if done before (A)'s activity happens.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com