Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 16:13:19 -0400
From:      "Jason" <kib@poboxes.com>
To:        <crh@outpost.co.nz>, <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why we should support Microsoft...

Atipa wrote:

> Adding insult to this whole situation are the demands of the US
> Government. Now these are plain silly, and I applaud Bill Gates for
> telling them where to go with their suggesions:
>
>  * That Microsoft disable their browser, and _all_available_means
>    of accessing it

What kind of freedom is this.....If I want IE on my windows 98 then I should
get it!

>  * If MS does include a browser, they must also provide all
>    competing products as well.

Then maybe they should make Coke out Pepsi in their 12 packs.  I know this
analogy is is not original but it fits.

>  * MS must modify their "Window Manager" so that OEMs and
>    competitors can customize their visual.

This is already the case.....OEMs can make win98 look and feel like anything
they want.  same has been true with win95.

Jason