Date:      Sun, 3 Sep 2000 15:22:27 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <vedette@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Kernel Build Error

Hi pals,
Suddenly I get a STOP error when rebuilding the kernel using the new
method "make buildkernel KERNEL=kernel_name_here"
This is happening after I cvsup-ped recently. I've had to re-cvsup but
still I get this error.
Is anyone out there able to tell me where the error is coming from:

NB: I've not make any changes to the kernel. I was just going over it
(rebuilding the kernel) again to see it it still works with the latest
sources. It has worked before though with the same kernel.

Could it be something to do with changes after cvsup???

Here is part of the error msg:
##

m86pa" {. data section} - "KERNBASE" {*UND* section} at file address 1431
/tmp/ccq4224.s:2447: Error: Subtraction of two symbols in different
sections

And so many other lines with almost same wording and then

***Error code 1

Stop is /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ALOUETTE.

***Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

***Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

##EOM

Help highly appreciated.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Systems Administrator

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. -Ted Turner