Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 1996 23:39:22 -0400 (WST)
From:      e8917523@antares.linf.unb.br (Daniel C. Sobral)
To:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   ATAPI CD-ROM driver

> From: Yuri Shemanin <yuri2@stu.neva.ru>
>
> I'm not sure that info is of any value, but I've resolved my CD problems
> with following change in atapi.c (atapi_wait() function):
>
> 397c397
> < 	if (cnt <= 0 && (s != 0xff))
> - ---
> > 	if (cnt <= 0)
>
> I have GoldStar 542B & 2.1.5R and there were big problems with its recognition
> while booting. Fast investigation showed that the hellish device returned 0xff
> byte instead of unsetting BUSY bit while probing, so not being any kind of
> ATAPI expert I used the above dirty hack. After that I have one extra
> message "unknown phase" at console but all problems flied away.
>
> Regards, Yuri.
>
> P.S. CD worked well under OS/2 & DOS.

Yeah, same as me. The drive work with the standard OS/2 driver, so FreeBSD
one ought to work.

Now, could you please gimme a context diff (diff -c) instead of the standard
one above? That line number has little meaning by now on my patched atapi.c.
:-)

--
Daniel C. Sobral                (8-DCS)
e8917523@linf.unb.br

		"Master, do we seek victory in contention?"
		"Seek rather not to contend, for without contention
		there can be neither victory nor defeat."