Date:      Sun, 19 Feb 2017 09:04:16 +0000
From:      tech-lists <tech-lists@zyxst.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: radeon GL woes

On 18/02/2017 19:15, Russell L. Carter wrote:
> Any ideas?

First I made sure that I had the latest x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati by
refetching ports (and then cd /usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati &&
make install)

I had to reboot, then become root, then do this:

kldload radeonkms

Then I ran kldstat, noticed the three radeon things it had loaded, took
off the dot and everything after in the names, and appended _load="YES"
to them all in /boot/loader.conf and rebooted, then started X (I use xinit).

This is without any xorg.conf

hope this helps,
--
J.