Date:      Fri, 08 Jul 2005 17:32:27 -0400
From:      ming fu <fming@borderware.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   what to replace splnet in FreeBSD 5.x?

Hi,

With splnet() became a no-op in sys/systm.h

    static __inline intrmask_t    splnet(void)        { return 0; }

What should I use to replace the splnet?

I have a module receiving input from both ip_input() and a device that
userland can write to. I guess I was cover from the ip_input() as it
should have the proper lock. However, I am on my own to figure out what
to replace the splnet() when receive from the device from the userland.
It uses splnet() in FreeBSD 4.x.

Thanks in advance,
Ming