Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:59:11 PST
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What laptop should I buy?

Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com> wrote:

> What gets me with the Inspiron is less its weight (I'm a big bloke
> after all), but it seems so completely lacking in style.  The Latitude
> is a nice box by comparison, but for some reason they don't want to
> fit the big display on it.

     As Mike said, the 7500 is a great workhorse, but FreeBSD doesn't
support the Maestro-2E sound chipset used by it (the OSS drivers also
don't work with 4.0-RELEASE and later).  If you don't care about sound,
great; if you do, you'll have to wait a while.

     I, too, have a 7500, and have been very happy with it.

     You'll want to check the -mobile archives and do a search for
"Inspiron".  A lot of this has already been hashed and rehashed.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@sr.hp.com