Date:      Sat, 30 Oct 1999 17:33:22 -0500
From:      Chris Costello <chris@calldei.com>
To:        Dmitrij Tejblum <tejblum@arc.hq.cti.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: stpcpy()

On Sun, Oct 31, 1999, Dmitrij Tejblum wrote:
> I don't care about Linux compatibility. stpcpy() is an useful
> function, even if only little useful. There is no more reason to call
> it bloat than for asprintf(), or strsignal(), or even fts(), or strvis()
> or strlcpy(). GNU getopt has nothing to do with stpcpy() and cannot be
> a valid argument to not include stpcpy() in libc.

   I wasn't associating GNU getopt with stpcpy.  asprintf is very
useful, I see nothing wrong with FTS (because it serves a large
purpose), I'm not sure whether I like strsignal/strvis or not.
And I was and still am against strlcpy.  I don't think there
should be any more bloat only to serve the purpose of
compatibility with a bunch of Linux programs which use stpcpy().

   (Regardless of whether stpcpy is a Linuxism or not, it's
mostly a Linux thing now.)

--