Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2002 17:03:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: lsvfs(1) removal ?

On 29-Jul-2002 Garrett Wollman wrote:
> <<On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:37:22 -0400 (EDT), John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org> said:
>
>>> [I wrote:]
>>> You will note that the output of `lsvfs' has three columns.
>
>> Which column do you want, the flags one?
>
> I actually want both the flags and the reference count, but I could
> live without the refcount (since a bit of groveling over the mount
> table can provide the same information).

> mount | cut -d' ' -f 4 | sed -e 's/(\(.*\)[,)]/\1/' | uniq -c

is one way of getting the refcount if you really want it.  Why do
you need a program to tell you that NFS is a network file system
and procfs and devfs are synthetic?  Do you have scripts that
depend on this?  It just seems weird cause it isn't really talking
about what filesystems are mounted, but which ones are supported by
the kernel and kldstat is a better candidate for that information.