Date:      Thu, 25 Jun 1998 10:01:38 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        shmit@kublai.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Weirdness with pthreads in -current

Brian Cully wrote:
> What's strange is that if I remove the `return NULL' statement in
> thread_func() I always get ESRCH, but with it there I only get ESRCH when
> the sleep() call exists.
>
> This may (and probably is) some drain-bamage on my part, but the
> behaviour is certainly weird enough that I think that there's some kind
> of bug somewhere in the thread code. :-)

Well it's not brain damage on your part at all. There are some missing {}
that cause ESRCH to be returned if (a) you have to wait to join; and
(b) you don't ask for the exit status. Me fix...

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137