Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 00:02:48 -0600
From:      Andrew Hesford <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx>
To:        FreeBSD-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Trouble with audio discs and burncd

I created a wav file using mpg123's -w switch. When I try to burn it to
an audio cd using `burncd -f /dev/acd0c audio file.wav`, I get the
following output:

>next writeable LBA 0
>writing from file file.wav size 79051 KB

>only wrote -1 of 37632 bytes

When I try to burn it to a data CD using `burncd -f /dev/acd0c data
file.wav`, it burns just fine. This suggests that there is a bug in the
way burncd handles audio file processing, not in the delivery of the
data to the drive.

Does anybody know of this problem? Is there a fix? As reported by dmesg,
I have the following CD-RW drive:

> acd0: CD-RW <LG CD-RW CED-8080B> at ata1-master using WDMA2

Thanks.
--
Andrew Hesford
ajh3@chmod.ath.cx