Date:      Sat, 6 Mar 2004 15:28:28 -0800
From:      David Benfell <benfell@greybeard95a.com>
To:        Raymond Wiegand <rgmcsierra2000@msn.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@Freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBsd and SCO

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 23:06:32 +0000, Raymond Wiegand wrote:

>   I have a question for you ? I purchased FreeBSD from COMP USA and was
> wondering that seeing that SCO is going after Linux Users will they be going
> after BSD user next or is BSD not at all based on their kernal or what every
> they claim is theirs property.
>
>     I would like to know before i switch all my system over (2) to Unix

Who knows?  SCO's claims against Linux have no merit, so lack
of merit won't stop them.

But a couple of other things more likely will: First, the BSD
community is much smaller potatoes.  Much less appealing.
Second, SCO is unlikely to survive its attack on Linux.  The
legal bills alone are ruinous.

And when somebody successfully countersues them or some
regulatory agency nails them for fraud -- both quite likely
scenarios -- the end will come that much sooner.

--
David Benfell, LCP
benfell@parts-unknown.org