Date:      Thu, 04 Dec 2008 17:30:32 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Bruce M Simpson" <bms@incunabulum.net>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/128694: www/firefox3 - Firefox 3 corrupts PostScript printer fonts

On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 16:54:48 -0600, Bruce M Simpson <bms@incunabulum.net>
wrote:

> mezz@FreeBSD.org wrote:
>> Synopsis: www/firefox3 - Firefox 3 corrupts PostScript printer fonts
>>
>> State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
>> State-Changed-By: mezz
>> State-Changed-When: Thu Dec 4 21:09:29 UTC 2008
>> State-Changed-Why: No respone for almost a month.
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=128694
>>

> Cc: ing to get GNATS to pick up.
>
> Guys, a month just isn't a realistic turnaround time where no commercial
> support model exists,

Are you saying that with commerical support and you will replying it back
quicker with the results? I replied back to you quick and gave you almost
a month (because I knew your name). I usually give others two weeks to
reply. Unless if I don't reply PR for long time then I won't close it
quick since it's fair. Closed the PR actually works to get people reply
back with the result more quicker.

> and where the workaround involves reconfiguring the X server.
>
> The issue is still present, and other people have reported it. I haven't
> had a chance to try the suggested workaround simply due to a lack of
> free time, and my workaround has been to print from Firefox 2.

Configure the xorg.conf and test it only takes five minutes. I will reopen
this PR when you or others reply back with the result.

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team