Date:      Tue, 9 Jun 1998 02:38:44 +0200
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        hm@kts.org, Dirk Meyer <dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: isdn-subsystem hangs with 0.61

On Mon, Jun 08, 1998 at 10:41:21PM +0200, Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:
> I would never have dreamed about compiling a kernel with DIAGNOSTIC....

DIAGNOSTIC is the present 'catch bugs if I can' option for developers
and people that run alpha software.  It is slightly bogus due to
somebody spewing too much information when using it, and missing
distinction between providing invariants, using invariants, and
spewing information.  This is on my planned list of fixes, but it will
take some time before it is fixed.

> In case you are prepared to debug more of this sort of things, comment the
> "#define I4B_MBUF_DEBUG" out and recompile the whole thing, it shall run
> then. But if i were you, i would remove "options DIAGNOSTICS" from my kernel
> config file .....

This shouldn't be necessary.  Dirk: If you have problems with
something under 'DIAGNOSTIC', please take it up with me - I've ended
up as an unoffical 'maintainer of the options'.

Eivind.