Date:      Thu, 09 Apr 1998 12:43:44 +0200
From:      Miroslav Kes <mira@rockwell.cz>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adaptec aha 2940U2W ??

Hi.

I want to run FreeBSD on our new file server. The hardware specification
is now subject of negotiation with our vendor. As we requested fast disk
operations they offer us a Adaptec aha 2940 U2W controller. I was not
sure about the support of this controller in FreeBSD (it's quite new) so
I tried to search mailing lists. I found following (January 98):

From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        James Hokanson <hokanson@mail.wsu.edu>

> Adaptec 2940UW (Ultra-Wide) SCSI controller

Yes, the 2940 and all of its variants (except for the Ultra2 models) are
well supported, and in fact have a mailing list dedicated to them.

My question is:
What is the current status of the support for the Ultra2 models?
If not how about the future (3.0 ??) ?

Thanks a lot

Mira

|                     Miroslav Kes                        |
| Rockwell Automation Ltd.   | tel.:   (+420) 2 2425 6913 |
| Research Center Prague     | fax:    (+420) 2 250467    |
| Americka 22                | e-mail: mira@rockwell.cz   |
| 120 00 Praha 2 - Vinohrady |                            |
| Czech Republic             |                            |