Date:      Wed, 09 Sep 2009 11:17:10 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Barney Cordoba <barney_cordoba@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: em driver input errors

At 10:19 AM 9/9/2009, Barney Cordoba wrote:
>test would be to force it to 100Mb/s to see if the problem goes
>away.  I see you are using em1 which implies another NIC...if you
>have traffic on the other lan its not much different than Also,
>realize that most pciX busses are shared. So your disk and other
>devices may be sharing. Its really derilect for these MB
>manufacturers to sell dual gig nic systems and them wire them to a
>slow bus. But its what they do. Barney

The other nic is not in use right now. I tried switching them so see
if one would work better than the other, but I didnt see any difference.

The board is an intel

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/s3000ah/

Not sure if its wired as PCI-X or just a 32bit bus.  I am just
popping in an em pcie nic to see if that makes a difference.  I have
an igb as well as bge I can try later.

         ---Mike