Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 2004 06:30:49 +0100
From:      Jozef Babjak <babjak@hilbert.chtf.stuba.sk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   no mapping in /etc/mail/mailer.conf

Hi all,

I have had following message in my periodic daily output for several days:

Removing stale entries from sendmail host status cache:
purgestat: no mapping in /etc/mail/mailer.conf

But I did no changes in my smtpd (qmail) configuration. It works well, both the
local and the remove delivery seems to work ok. My /etc/mail/mailer.conf
contains the following lines (comments are sniped):

sendmail        /var/qmail/bin/sendmail
send-mail       /var/qmail/bin/sendmail
mailq           /var/qmail/bin/qmail-qread
newaliases      /var/qmail/bin/newaliases

File permisions seems to be ok too:

-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  324B Feb  9 11:01 /etc/mail/mailer.conf

Can I silently ignore this message? Oh, yes, my system is:

FreeBSD hilbert.chtf.stuba.sk 4.9-STABLE FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE #0: Wed Feb 11
18:23:18 CET 2004     root@hilbert.chtf.stuba.sk:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/HILBERT
i386

Be free to ask for more information... Thanks for advices.

Jozef Babjak.