Date:      Sun, 30 Sep 2001 23:34:36 +1000
From:      BSD Freak <bsd-freak@mbox.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Network auditing tool

Hiya guys,

I need somekind of network auditing tool that will run the interface in
promiscuous mode and sniff the network and give a summary of what's
been going on. This tool should run at the application level rather
than at the IP level. I need output similar to the following:

Report for 29/9/2001

Activity for 192.168.0.21
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports.tar.gz  35,604,303 bytes
tranferred

http://www.hotmail.com 368,003 bytes transferred

Activity for 192.168.0.53
http://www.novell.com  600,759 bytes transferred
pop3://mail.myisp.com 129,232 bytes transferred

etc......

I need the sort of report that the suits can easily understand. Not too
detailed like Ethereal, but enough detail to know who is doing what and
how much they are transferring.

Thank in advance.....