Date:      Thu, 22 Jan 1998 12:37:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steven Ames <steve@news.cioe.com>
To:        jmb@FreeBSD.ORG, steve@news.cioe.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Backup Problem...

> > Whenever I use Amanda to backup another server on my
> > LAN the backup server locks up. No problems backing up
> > servers from the WAN.
> >
> > Anyone have a guess on this one?
>
> 	much higher data and interrupt rates on both the server and
> 	the client.....what ethernet cards you using?
> 	are you running out of resources?
> 	try a netstat -m and vmstat -m

Looked at the netstat -m and the vmstat -m... ran the backup
a couple times and watched the lockup. No consistent results.

I'm using the ed1 driver... I forget the exact manufacturer
of the card.

>From the boot probe:

ed1 at 0x300-0x31f irq 5 on isa
ed1: address 00:40:01:41:bc:fb, type NE2000 (16 bit)

I'll be pulling a known quality card from somewhere today
and replacing this to see if the results vary...

						-Steve