Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 15:43:45 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        Glen Driban <gdriban@wgate.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel threads

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Glen Driban wrote:

>Any support in any of the 3.x releases for kernel threads? I can only
>find reference to pthreads. I've searched the freeBSD.org site, looked
>at the FAQ's and looked at the 3.x release notes. If no support for
>kernel threads is it planned for the future and in what release might we
>expect to see it.

There are no kernel threads at the moment, but FreeBSD still has fantastic
performance.  Apparently they are now discussing what kind of architecture
they want to use to implement kernel threads in the future.  It probably
will be a while away, however.  Since 4.0 is due out soon, maybe they will
start on kernel threads in -current after this release, and they will
spend a while hammering out the details and bugs.

>--
>Glenn Driban
>Senior Software Engineer
>Worldgate Communications, Inc.