Date:      Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:02:52 +0200
From:      Bernhard Fischer <bernhard.fischer@fh-stpoelten.ac.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        "M. L." <user@celeritystorm.com>
Subject:   Re: suPHP - secure/reliable?

--nextPart2593763.aq3NGTtzqb

On Saturday 08 October 2005 02:14, M. L. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to know your opinions on suPHP. I was looking for some software
> that would execute PHP scripts as the user who owns them, instead of
> www, and came up with that. But the site is written in poor english, the
> software consists on a root setuid binary, so I'm a bit worried about
> the quality of this software.
>
> Does anyone have anything to say about suPHP, either good or bad stuff ?
> I'd like your opinions.
>
> Regards,
>
> M. L.

I don't know about suPHP but a chose a different way.
I'm running a server for about 200 users (students) and I wanted to offer t=
hem=20
full Apache+PHP functionallity without any restrictions.
I decided to run 200 indepentent small Apache-Servers utilizing the=20
worker-Modell and the PHP5 module. Each Apache is listening on a separate=20
port (of course) and I use on master Apache with mod_rewrite to proxy=20
requests to user_dirs to the appropriate port number.

Regards,
bh