Date:      Tue, 1 Oct 1996 18:54:38 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        ccsanady@friley216.res.iastate.edu (Chris Csanady)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, hackers@freebsd.org

> >All in all, for compatability, an NTFS would be a better choice,
> >since FreeBSD is currently very Intel specific anyway.
>
> I think I'd rather we went with JFS rather than NTFS, just on general
> principle. :)  Or something else entirely perhaps.  I was just thinking
> that it might be worth it considering that its partially done..  and
> perhaps improving upon it..

For what it's worth, there is a read-only NTFS source code for Linux
downloadable from a german site.  HPFS is at the same site.  So they are
both at the same level.

I don't think people would want to have to mount their disk in an AIX box
(considering I haven't written a newfs or fsck or ...).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.