Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:23:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jonathan Smith <jonsmith@dragonstar.dhs.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: make release

On 27-Mar-00 Jonathan Smith wrote:

> I keep getting etherally screwed up trying to do a make release when it
> comes to a CVSROOT.  I'm doing this from having done a cvsup, which
> apparrently isn't enough.  I was given the direction to do anonymously do
> a cvs checkout, but that a CVS repository does not make; that makes a
> checked out copy of the source.

Your best bet is to just cvsup the entire CVS repository.  There should be
example cvsup files for this in /usr/share/examples/cvsup/.  For example,
I store my local copy of the repo on /usr/cvs on my machine.  I can then
set CVSROOT to /usr/cvs and then use make release to build a release.

> Can somone give me the actual proceduire from doing a make release?  WHen
> I _finally_ dug to the one web page on the subject it did not give me
> adequate information.

I think I just used the FAQ and the actual src/release/Makefile.