Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2001 23:21:54 -0600
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPPoE on DSL Clients

Well.... finally got PPPoE on DSL working just fine on a FreeBSD server.
Only one problem left to solve and hope for a little more help.

The BSD server/gateway (dynamic IP) can ping out and resolves addresses
without any problem, BUT, none of the client workstations can find anything
on the Internet. So, no browsing, email, ftp, etc. All stations can ping
each other.

The clients can reach the Internet address (get email, FTP, browse, etc)
IF, it is put into the "etc/hosts" file, whether it is Win2K or other BSD
boxes.... each client points to the default 192.168.0.1 INTERNAL IP
assigned to the gateway box running the DSL. The resolv.conf file for the
DSL box has the proper nameservers for the ISP. DNS is enabled in ppp.conf.
NAT and gateway is enabled in rc.conf.

If my config files will help, let me know....

BTW, this email is going out from a client, but I have my mail server IP in
the /etc/host.

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Server Admin