Date:      Mon, 27 Apr 1998 15:49:47 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        fritchie@MR.Net (Scott Lystig Fritchie), freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CBQ, was: Bandwidth throttling etc.

Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> > After reading two freebsd-current-digest's full of "Bandwidth
> > throttling etc." discussion, I had to chime in with an additional
> > reference which may or may not be of any assistance to Luigi and
> > others discussing the matter.  See:
> >
> > 	http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/floyd/cbq.html
>
> thanks, although both I and eskecially Kenjiro have read it.
>
> The discussion (in my view at least) was more towards finding a
> nice and effective way to integrate the new code into the ipfw
> interface, rather than solve theoretical problems.

Just as a by-the-way, an old open PR was just killed that had an
implementation change to allow setsockopt() etc to use more than 108 bytes
of data.  (it was part of a much larger change to allow rule selection by
uid and so on with ipfw.  It's a shame it only got noticed on it's untimely
death, I find that particular set of feature changes particularly
interesting..)

> 	cheers
> 	luigi

Cheers,