Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2001 23:12:09 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@keyslapper.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: this spam

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

On 11/25/01 02:45 PM, tyler spivey sat at the `puter and typed:
> is this a frequent occurents on this list?
> just wondering. and is there some page that will tell me how to parse ema=
il headers/
>=20
=20
Fairly regular.  You might want to check out the following:
Procmail:    http://www.procmail.org (I think) - it's in the ports
spambnc      in the ports
junkfilter   also in the ports

Procmail is  the filter tool itself,  the others are sets  of procmail
recipes designed  to filter out spam.  These often work on  a rotating
set of domains that are allowing  spam, and usually need to be updated
regularly.

Someone also mentioned  SpamAssasin - google should turn  it up easily
enough.

FTR, I tried junkfilter, and the  only thing it caught was the freebsd
questions mail - all of it. Might have been my bad, but . . .

I just worked up a set of  my own basic spam recipes for procmail, and
a blacklist  and whitelist. Certainly  made a  dent, but I  suspect no
tool will get all of it  without getting some false positives (tossing
the mail you meant to keep).

HTH
Lou
--=20
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     =D4=BF=D4=AC

Grelb's Commentary:
  Likelihoods, however, are 90% against you.

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp--