Date:      Sat, 26 Jun 1999 09:21:59 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Ben Rosengart <ben@skunk.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Out of file descriptors ??

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Scot W. Hetzel wrote:

> What is happening is /etc/defaults/rc.conf pulls in /etc/rc.conf, which then
> pulls in /etc/rc.conf .... repeat until we run out of file descriptors.

I am not fond of the new defaults/rc.conf system.  Used to be when I
wanted to modify something in rc.conf, I opened it up and changed the
value.  Now I have to extract a line from defaults/rc.conf, put it in
rc.conf, and change it -- unless I don't understand the new setup
correctly.  That makes more work for me, not less.  What's the idea
here?

--
 Ben

UNIX Systems Engineer, Skunk Group